At the heart of our connection is our Lutheran identity. ‘Lutheran schools and early childhood services …. are communities of worship and service, sharing and living the good news of Jesus Christ.’ (Growing Deep Leadership and Formation Framework)
On Thursday 18 May, 650 students and staff from our Connected Schools came together to worship. The focus of worship was the Australian Lutheran World Service (ALWS) theme ‘Walk my way’. Since students and staff from all our Connected Schools already participated in ALWS awareness experiences, several students reflected on their experiences of walking around the oval before they ate rations and making sandals. Jonathan Krause from ALWS spoke about where our donations are spent and how they make a difference to local communities. He directed us to the words of Micah 6:8
The Lord has shown you what is good. He has told you what he requires of you. You must act with justice. You must love to show mercy. And you must be humble as you live in the sight of your God. (NIRV)
This worship reminded us how the power of love can make a difference by walking beside others just like Jesus walks beside us. Individually and as Connected Schools, we can action the words written by Tim Hughes, in the song ‘God of Justice’ that the combined choir and Endeavor College band sang, ‘we must go, acting justly, standing beside the broken, stepping forward, move into action’.
As a collective, we pray that through our collaboration we can create waves of hope and we can come together regularly to celebrate the power of Jesus’ love.
Following the uplifting worship, all Year 4 Students from the Primary Schools stayed on to experience a taste of life at Endeavour College. They were guided by the Year 9 Middle Years student leaders through an ‘Endeavour race’ and experienced one of many possible subjects on offer.
Students’ reflections and questions give an insight into what these 9 or 10 year olds know, understand and wonder about the life in a secondary setting.
- I learnt that you can choose between German or Japanese.
- How many people are in each class? Daneron
- I learnt what signature colours are and their meanings hope, love, forgiveness, courage.
- Why is every school not Lutheran? Kayla
- I learnt how to play the bongo drums. Louis
- How long has Endeavour been here for? Thomas
- I learnt how to make a solid in chemistry. Lucas S
- I enjoyed meeting other students. Ashani
- I did a board game, where we had to look for certain library books.
- How many subjects are there? Lucas F
- Why are there so many classrooms? Charlotte
Teaching & Learning Coordinator
Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School